Readers ask: Where To Buy Prepaid Credit Card?
- 1 Can you still buy prepaid credit cards?
- 2 Which prepaid credit card is best?
- 3 Does Shoppers Drug Mart sell prepaid credit cards?
- 4 How do you put money on a prepaid card?
- 5 How much does a Visa prepaid card cost?
- 6 Can you put money on a prepaid card at an ATM?
- 7 What kind of prepaid cards does Dollar General sell?
- 8 Do grocery stores sell Visa cards?
- 9 Is there a fee for prepaid credit cards?
- 10 Which prepaid cards have no fees?
- 11 Are prepaid Visa cards safe?
- 12 How do Visa prepaid cards work?
- 13 Can you put $500 on a Visa gift card?
Can you still buy prepaid credit cards?
You can buy prepaid cards at retail locations (such as grocery stores and drug stores), online, over the phone, or from some banks and credit unions. If you buy the card online, you may then be issued a virtual card, or you may receive a physical card in the mail at a later time.
Which prepaid credit card is best?
The best prepaid debit cards 2021
- American Express Serve Cash Back. Best for cash rewards.
- American Express Serve Free Reloads.
- Bluebird by American Express.
- FamZoo Prepaid Card.
- MOVO® Digital Prepaid Visa® Card.
- Starbucks Rewards Visa Prepaid Card From Chase.
- Walmart MoneyCard Visa With Cashback Rewards.
Does Shoppers Drug Mart sell prepaid credit cards?
Visit a Shoppers Drug Mart near you for a variety of gift cards. We cover prepaid credit cards, phone cards, restaurants, electronics, corporate and more.
How do you put money on a prepaid card?
You may be able to:
- Arrange for a paycheck or other regular payment to be directly deposited onto the card.
- Transfer money from a checking account or another prepaid card.
- Buy a “reload pack” to add a certain amount to your card.
- Add funds at certain retail locations or at the financial institution that provides the card.
How much does a Visa prepaid card cost?
Some are free, some charge upfront fees, and others charge monthly fees. You can typically expect to pay from $1 to $9.95 for the upfront card purchase fee. Monthly fees typically go up to $9.95. Keep in mind, there may be additional fees whenever you want to “reload” the card by putting more money on it.
Can you put money on a prepaid card at an ATM?
A prepaid debit card is much like a gift card: It allows you to spend whatever amount of money is stored on the card. Once the balance is used up, you can reload the card online or at an ATM, a participating store, or other physical location.
What kind of prepaid cards does Dollar General sell?
Reloadable Prepaid Debit Cards at Dollar General Netspend offers Visa, Paypal Mastercard, UFan, and a Western Union Mastercard.
Do grocery stores sell Visa cards?
Visa Gift Cards are Sold in Stores Walk into any major grocery store, drug store or gas station and you will likely find a rack of gift cards. Among the cards for stores and restaurants, you’ll also see general purpose gift cards powered by major credit card companies.
Is there a fee for prepaid credit cards?
Prepaid cards are usually free if you sign up online. And since it’s a type of card that doesn’t charge interest like a credit card, prepaid card companies make money by charging fees for their services.
Which prepaid cards have no fees?
17 Best Prepaid Debit Cards with No Fees for 2021
- Best with No Monthly Fees: Brinks Prepaid Mastercard.
- Best with No PIN Transaction Fees: PayPal Prepaid Mastercard®
- Best with No Signature Transaction Fees: NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card.
- Best with No Reload Fees: NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card.
Are prepaid Visa cards safe?
Like debit cards, prepaid cards work at any merchant that accepts its payment network, such as Visa or Mastercard. They’re safer and more convenient than using cash.
How do Visa prepaid cards work?
A prepaid Visa debit card is a card that is preloaded with a set amount of money. You can use it to pay bills, withdraw cash or make purchases. Prepaid Visa debit cards aren’t linked to a checking account like a traditional debit card — you can only spend the balance connected to the card.
Can you put $500 on a Visa gift card?
Yes. Many drugstores sell Vanilla brand Visa and MasterCard gift cards loadable up to $500.